Monday, March 21, 2005

Benjie, the cab driver ( part I )

A normal working day is coming to an end and then a meaningful encounter with a man named Benjie will cut you off in the chase of time.

I boarded a taxi on my way home and a grey haired old man with thick eyeglasses and what seems to me a weary and tired smile welcomed me as I entered the cab. A few minutes on the road and we're caught-up in a heavy traffic. The man rested his head on his window seat and uttered how unbearable it is being caught in a still.

I cannot exactly recall how it all begun, how Benjie narrated to me the poignant story of his life, not as a cab driver but as a father in desperate bid to carry on with his heavy laiden life. This may be another story to tell but it's gift of inspiration, a momentary push to look back and reflect at our own lives and realize how fortunate we already are and drive you to carry-on with a life full of gratitude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

aaaaah....this is beginning to sound like chicken soup. Hehehe. Carry on dude, wanna hear the story! :-)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

aaaaah....this is beginning to sound like chicken soup. Hehehe. Carry on dude, wanna hear the story! :-)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home