Sunday, March 06, 2005

dear old house cat

in our household, we have 4 dogs and two cats. Of the latter, one of which is now fighting for it's own dear life. Poor old cat has been with us for 7-8 years or so, a geriartric cat so to say. Amos as we call her, is sick and frail now, seldom moves, seldom eats, seldom meows.. The rest of our pets are all steady and full of vigor, and dear Amos is the oldie. As I have to let out free in the yard our lab dog this morning to relieve itself of course, I have to safekeep dear Amos is a higher place where she can't be wrestled and tumbled by our dogs. I lifted her frail body and sensed this suffering she's undergoing. I felt sad and sorry for her. I wish I can somehow help alleviate her suffering. We dont believe in euthanasia, but I can't stand her weak state! I haven't been back to check her out again, but I believe she might be still there sitting still in the table! What to do, what to do for such poor cat? my lola ( grandmother) is specially fond of her because she's the sweetest and nicest of the two cats we have. I guess, I'll have to wait for her to finally let go.. and from there we can start remembering her with a smile in our hearts from all the wonders she did for the household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home