Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tales from the cab: Cinderella’s apple



October 23, 2008, 3:20 PM: Hailed a cab at Discovery Suites, Ortigas. I asked Manong driver to drop me off at the office, Citibank tower in Paseo, Makati. Whilst driving to our destination Manong suited himself to the typical small chatter, and I was obliged, moreover pleased to be his one-man audience.

There was a small traffic build up and just as the car slowed down also did Manong driver’s once lively babbling. The air settled to a complete silence eventually and I heard his tummy grumble, we both smiled at each other and I instantly thought of my apple inside my bag, waiting to be praised for its sweet juices. I didn’t hesitate to offer him my priced apple and with a shy smile he accepted my apple and thanked me for the gesture. He said “ Aba, mukhang masarap ah, very red!” “Sana hindi ako makatulog na parang si Cinderella habang nag-ddrive”. I knew of course who he meant but I did not bother for a friendly rebuttal to correct him.

And so I thought.. haha! Alas, we arrived at the destination, I’ve paid my taxi fare and all, stepped out of the cab and just as I was walking away from the cab, I suddenly felt the urge to turn around and so I did, I rushed back to his cab, opened the door and in a very friendly, nice and happy manner I blurted out “Manong, it was Snow White and not Cinderella” and we both laughed our way to our own businesses. =)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home