Saturday, July 28, 2007

Iced tea, you are mine

my most fave drink personified or could it be the other way around?--haha!


You are my most favorite thing in the world
from early morn till the midnight moon,
you are my companion,
together were so boon

I escape to my secret room,
my secret sanctuary
where a sight of you makes me swoon
in a daze, I fix a gaze
I look at you and gauge,
do I have enough?
nothing must come to waste
every bit and ground,
your sweetness I must taste

And then I'll scoop you
lay you in a waterbed
your flavor bursting
as I stir, as I thirst and savor
till nothing is left unsaid

I love you cold,
you put that stormy look in my eyes
you quench my insatiable thirst
I see you as a vice
I am addicted to you
and your labeled little white lies

I love you, my perfect cold glass of iced tea
you glisten in the sun,
your dew-like moist
refreshes the hands that holds thee

and after all the gulping and the sipping
and you've emptied yourself unto me
I am left speechless
with that blissful smile that you never see
I'll never grow tired of you
and I hope you are to me
I can't wait for our next happy moment
just you and I underneath a lemon tree

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

this is really nice. Pero... iced tea ba talaga? haha :-)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really good, Tara! i like! Well written... you're so smart! I wanna have that iced tea that you're having! hahahaha! =P

9:43 AM  
Blogger dentous~amor said...

i can be the hot tea..hehe

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only sent you a smily :-)

Guten Tag

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home