Thursday, December 29, 2011

Don't Squander Your Enthusiasm

A Completely Irrelevant Opening Line 
I have been taking long walks more and more nowadays. It is probably an unconscious effort to revive my muscles from eventual atrophy. I think the last time I ran a considerable 10KM straight was a few months ago, after which I slowly succumbed to the seemingly inescapable prison that is work.
 A Quick Glance of my 2011 at Work 
I have been writing more but I must say I have not written anything deeply connected to my own existence for a long period now. I have completely immersed myself to learning the ropes of running a small unit, more appropriately, a one-man unit of corporate Hermes'-- that in reference to the Greek demigod and not the bag brand that milk the world's rich, (although in hindsight, this illustrious brand must be named after the Greek messenger for the gods). I have been tasked to lay down the foundation for the company's corporate communication needs, down to the very rudiments, possibly building a platform from a complete nil. I built and opened doors. I introduced ideas and even fought for it. I was given the green light enough to boost my confidence but not enough to sustain it. I tossed myself to an unfamiliar territory and I basked in the abundance of learning and independence. I am confident to say, I had a pretty good year at work, I took things at a stride. I was not motivated to impress but to prove my worth, plainly and simply. More than my worth I hope I gave the impression that I am here to stay, to widen the path, maybe create new pathways too, to cultivate and nurture. I valiantly expressed my individuality in the same manner that I gave an unfaltering dedication towards my work, well except for moments that I give in to instinctive idleness—And this without question is natural. It was not always smooth-sailing, no year, or day at work will ever be, even if one works as librarian in a monastery. Some days at work can be despicably predictable but that did not push me to wallow in the predicted eventualities. I entertained myself, it is a blessing enough that my boss allows me to find inspiration outside my increasingly square world. This only proves one thing; I have embraced maturity and responsibility. I am taking charge of my future now and I am convinced that my future lies here and I am going to make it, build it, with my dry crinkled hands. To sum up this chapter- the chapter wherein work has to be inevitably mentioned on the year-end compendium of my 2011 life, I resolve not to pay anymore hint of squandered enthusiasm to it. Any statement completely related to work, will be tossed back to my inbox.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home